In the world today, only seven percent of persons on earth believe that God does not exist. The reasons are easy to understand; there is no hope in atheism.
Atheism will never win the battle of hearts and minds for the people of earth because most people see through the facade of its premise. The idea that this magnificent universe and the beauty of human life—happened by accident—is not believable. It is because we can see that we live in a universe that was uniquely prepared for life on earth and exists so that we might live, that we have hope. We understand that we are incredibly loved and each one of our lives has great meaning and purpose.
We know these things because the same God who is capable of creating the universe we see, told us that He loves us and demonstrated His love by sending His Son to die for us. The God who possesses the technology to create this magnificent universe and balance it precisely for life on earth, also possesses the ability to speak His words to us and declare who He is, and what He requires. This God has the power to provide and preserve His word in a book so that everyone might know the truth.
When We Compare The God Of The Bible With All Other Gods And Religions
- God, who created the universe; whereas other gods create from within the universe.
- God, who told us the truth about the universe; created out of nothing, before time, space and matter existed. All other gods and religions have never declared the origin and purpose of the universe in their holy books.
- God, who reveals attributes of the universe; its singularity at inception, gravity, atomic structure, stars and galaxies “spread out,” a future heat death. No other god has ever revealed knowledge of the universe that is accurate.
- God, who tells us the truth about our nature: sinners, in need of salvation. All other gods and religions either ignore sin or say it doesn’t exist.
- God, who tells us the truth that salvation cannot be earned; it is a free gift given by God. All other gods and religions require the good works of the participant in order to be found worthy.
- God, who came to earth in humility as one of us, willing to take our sins upon Himself and die for us. No other god or religion would ever die for mere human beings.
- God, who demonstrated His power through Jesus by healing, changing water to wine, calming a storm, walking on water, and raising the dead. No other god or religion has ever demonstrated they are capable of these things.
This Evil World Shows Us That God Must Exist
We see that the world is filled with evil because of sin that caused all suffering, sickness, and death. We understand that it was because man sinned and turned from God that this world exists as it does today, in chaos.
We read that God is offering the world a second chance at eternal life in a world where there is no sin, evil, sickness, suffering, or death. The way into this magnificent new world is by the free gift of salvation that God offers every person, regardless of who they are or what they have done.
Atheism tells us that the universe doesn’t care that we are here; none of us are special, we are all just a cosmic accident. God said He created us and placed us here and we all matter.
The stunning contrast between these two is the reason that ninety-three percent of the people on this planet, believe God exists and atheism is a lie.
The atheist will tell you that this kind of thinking; that a God loves us and made this world for us, is just wishful thinking. The truth is, all the scientific evidence that exists today, supports a universe made by God, and impeaches the idea of a universe by chance.
I have compiled a list of 1,978, scientific facts about our universe and how every part of the universe from its beginning, to the present day, came about because God used His unlimited intelligence and power. Science, today, proves that our universe is fine-tuned to ensure that it functions so we can live. Every alternative hypothesis offered by the atheist scientists for a universe that is fine-tuned for life, are based upon unprovable theories of other universes, or an infinite number of other universes which caused our universe. Every single one of these theories exist only as mathematical calculations, but not as actual provable science. We cannot see beyond our present universe, so the idea that another universe caused ours, is not science at all.
The evidence we do have; that fine-tuning of the magnitude we see in our universe, requires an intelligence that is equal to this task. Every alternative to intelligence as the reason for fine-tuning, exists as theoretical. Fine-tuning by intelligent acts, is proven by scientific evidence.
How Intelligence Acted Upon The Universe
This universe exists because of intelligence, not because of accidents. There are no accidents that could ever cause 1,978 separate, yet co-equal events—all dependent upon each other and all necessary for intelligent life—by happenstance.
There Is No Hope In Atheism. No Answers For Life. No Confidence In What Happens At Death.
The reality of human life is that there is no peace in this world without God. If I tell you that your life has no meaning or purpose and it doesn’t matter if you are here, how could anyone ever derive hope from this empty philosophy of life?
Leading Atheist And Theoretical Physicist, Lawrence Krauss, Said This:
“The picture that science presents to us is, in some sense, uncomfortable because what we’ve learned is that we are more insignificant than we ever could have imagined. You could get rid of us and all the galaxies and everything we see in the universe and it will be largely the same. So we’re insignificant on a scale that Copernicus never would have imagined. And in addition, it turns out the future is miserable. So the two main lessons that I like to say I like to give is first we’re insignificant and second the future is miserable.”
This is in contrast to what God declares about each one of us from His word:
The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. ~Jeremiah 31:3
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! ~Psalm 139:17-18 (NLT)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. ~John 3:16
God created the universe for a purpose: to declare to all mankind His great power and love, and the fact of His salvation—when He allowed His only Son to die for our sins so that anyone who would believe in Him would have eternal life.
Now that is value!
So, Lawrence Krauss is wrong. The universe was created by God to display the magnificence of God. Much as an artist uses a canvas to display his abilities as one who can create beauty, design, and order—God has put Himself on public display so that every human being might know that He exists. Each one of us were created by Him with a purpose, for a purpose. It is in God that we find out who we are and the reason for our existence.
Contrary to Dr. Krauss’ bleak portrayal of life, the future is bright and filled with hope for all those who acknowledge God in their life and come to Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.
There is a good reason why only seven percent of the world believes what Lawrence Krauss espouses: there is no hope in the message of a world without God.
Because the scientific and biblical ideas for why the universe exists—appear diametrically opposed to each other, it is worthwhile to explore what the true origin of the universe is. Last year I wrote a new book that examines the scientific evidence which proves that intelligence was required for our universe—a quality that is not possible by evolution or any natural, unguided process.
See My Book: “How Intelligence Acted Upon The Universe: Observable Facts Of Science”
Assurance Of Life After Death
One of the catastrophes of atheism is the belief that death is the end of human existence. When a person hears this, something within us is stirred up and we know that this cannot be true. We all seem to know inherently that death cannot be the end. In fact, the brief existence we have in life, also feels wrong. We read that God said He made us to live forever and that it is His will for all human beings to live in a world without sin, where everything is perfect forever. These words fill our hearts and give us hope; the words of the atheist that death is the end, fills us with fear and dread.
Atheists Have Problems With Their Own Assertions
The truth is; the atheist does not find peace in what they believe. Although the atheist will declare that there is freedom in a life without God, the truth is they are prisoners of fear and uncertainty and they cannot find genuine peace in their atheism. In the words of Jesus, there is peace and confidence in what is to come.
The atheist fears death, despite their claims to the contrary. They have no assurance that death is the end, despite declarations that life ends when we die. There are many stories of atheists in their final moments who are filled with fear and horror as death arrives.
I have been at the bedside of those who love God and trust in Christ as their Savior. Not one has ever felt a sense of fear or uncertainty. As death was imminent, a peace comes over the believer and a joy they have never known before, fills their heart. Many report the ability to see into a different dimension and see beings waiting to comfort them.
All of the evidence that exists in the world, tells us that death is not the final chapter. We have reports for millions of people who have died and described experiences that were personally seen and heard, while their bodies were dead and their minds not functioning. Things that are seen; words that are recounted; people that are met, all after death has already occurred.
These reports are consistent with the words of the Bible. The Apostle Paul reported that he had died after he was stoned to death. He saw and heard things that were not of earth, and said there are no human words to describe how wonderful the things he saw, were. Jesus called Lazarus out of the grave after he was dead and decaying for four days. Jesus Himself was brutally executed, but came back from the dead—never to die again. Jesus said that heaven is real and God is offering this place of joy to everyone who will simply asks for it.
The words of the atheist offer no such hope or comfort. For this reason, I could never become an atheist, and I am certain that most people feel the same way.
Regardless of where you are at this moment, you can also receive the assurance of eternal life. Jesus promised this to everyone who trusts in Him. He is the only person in the history of the world who has been to heaven, come to earth as a human being, has died, and was raised to life again. You can trust Christ right now and all doubts and fears will be gone.You can live the rest of your life with hope and confidence and look forward to your final day.
John was one of the eyewitnesses to Jesus death and resurrection. He was the only man who stood with Jesus at the foot of His cross and watched Him die. John was one of the first to arrive at the tomb on the third day and saw Jesus alive. He wrote a compelling eyewitness testimony and said that everything written about Jesus is true and that by trusting in the name of Jesus, anyone can obtain eternal life:
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. ~1 John 5:13
We proclaim to you …whom we have heard and seen. We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own hands. …And now we testify and proclaim to you that he is the one who is eternal life. …We proclaim to you what we ourselves have actually seen and heard so that you may have fellowship with us… ~1 John 1:1-4 (NLT)
The Testimony Of All Jesus Said And Did Is By Eyewitnesses
Virtually everything we believe about past history is because of eyewitness testimony or testimony that was received by those who wrote what eyewitnesses had told them.
How do we know that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were actual persons of history? We read the testimony of those who saw them, heard them, and recorded these events for us.
According to the United States Library of Congress, we have just over 20,000 documents written by Abraham Lincoln, from 1833-1916. The documents that describe the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which have survived time and decay, are 24,593.
We know more about Jesus of Nazareth than we do the 16th president of the United States of America.
The man, Jesus Christ, is a real person from history whose life has been recorded for us by honest men who detailed the incredible words and deeds He has said and done. There is more historical evidence for the man called “Jesus” than any other person in the ancient history of the world.
Dr. Thomas Arnold, Oxford History professor, concerning the evidence For Jesus Christ:
“I have been used for many years to study the histories of other times, and to examine and weigh the evidence of those who have written about them, and I know of no one fact in the history of mankind which is proved by better and fuller evidence of every sort, to the understanding of a fair inquirer, than the great sign which God hath given us that Christ died and rose again from the dead.”
Former Atheist Leader and Philosopher, Anthony Flew:
“The evidence for the resurrection alone is better than for claimed miracles of all other religions. There leaders are buried and still in their graves. Jesus tomb was found empty!” 
Critics of the historical Jesus stipulate that there is substantial evidence for the person described as Jesus of Nazareth. In this book, we have already seen a tremendous amount of evidence to conclude that Jesus is a genuine person from history, and the people who saw and heard Him believed that He is the Eternal God.
The reason we have such a great wealth of evidence today from the period of history, when Jesus is recorded in the New Testament, is because there was so much evidence at that time to support what was vigorously written, and copied thousands of times and distributed all over the world.
- We have the secular record of the Roman government from the time when Jesus is alleged to have been in Jerusalem which names Jesus as crucified under Pontius Pilate, in harmony with the New Testament gospels.
- We have the secular record of the Jews written in their Talmud, Sanhedrin, 43 a-b, that states that Jesus was crucified; Herzog 1, Munich 95, Firenze 11.1.8-9, and Barc0.3
- We have the Biblical account of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection by those who were either present during these events, or recorded the testimony of those who were present at these events. The New Testament narrative of Jesus Christ has never been impeached in a 2,000-year history by anyone. There are 24,593 manuscripts which have survived this period of history.
- We have the record of the Christian church. By 350 A.D., the number of Christians in the world had grown exponentially to 33,882,208, or 56.5 percent of the population of the world.4 If the resurrection did not take place as the four gospels describe, then how do we explain the explosive growth of the Christian church to over 33 million believers and 56 percent of the world’s population, just 300 years after the resurrection was first reported?
- We have the archeological record of history which validates the flawless accuracy of the New Testament. Old Testament: Nelson Glueck is considered one of the world’s greatest archeologists. His work in the discovery of over 1,500 ancient sites led him to the firm conclusion that every reference in the Old Testament scriptures which refers to an ancient city, civilization, or people were entirely accurate in every regard.5 New Testament: World famous historian and renowned archeologist, William Ramsay, began as an atheist in his exploration of New Testament validity. Upon an expedition to the places described by the New Testament, Dr. Ramsay discovered the pristine accuracy of Luke’s narrative. He concluded that the record of Jesus Christ is true and became a follower of Jesus. Dr. Ramsay described Luke as “a historian of the first rank.”
- We have archeological evidence from the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus in the Shroud of Turin. Originally described as a fraud, today the Shroud has been validated as an authentic historical artifact from the time period when Jesus was crucified. This is documented by forensic experts as containing substantial evidence that this linen cloth is, in fact, the burial shroud of the man described as Jesus of Nazareth. This Shroud remains as the most stunning piece of empirical evidence ever discovered.
- We have the records of the Romans who executed Christians over a 250-year period of history, under 10 different Caesars, specifically because they believed that their leader had risen from the dead.
See The Book That Reveals The Historical Jesus
The atheist has nothing to offer the world. They have no evidence to support their claims. They don’t even have hope themselves in what they assert—whether it is really true. Most atheists are really haters of God, not unbelievers. A majority will tell you all the reasons for why they cannot believe in the God of the Bible, but when we examine what they are saying, it is easy to see that they really hate God, not that they don’t believe in Him.
The reality is that even the atheist knows that God exists. The fact is; they chose not to believe and work hard to convince themselves that there is not God—so they can achieve some peace. God has made Himself known to us by the universe He created. He came to earth in the form of a man and showed us what the Only True God is like. All of the excuses and arguments by the atheist are empty and do not answer any important questions that all human beings want to know.
For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. ~Romans 1:20-21 (NLT)
Only Jesus fully satisfies the longing of the human heart. I know this is true because I have tried everything else before I discovered who Jesus is. I learned about who He is from the words of the New Testament. If anyone will simply read the New Testament in a modern translation like the the 2015, New Living Translation, everything will change. It will be impossible to continue in unbelief any longer if a person will only study the words and life of Jesus with a sincere heart that wants to know God.
I hope that you will discover this for yourself. There is hope and confidence in Jesus and nothing else in this world can equal the power of His life and love.
 1. 7% atheists, Keysar, Ariela; Navarro-Rivera, Juhem (2017). “36. A World of Atheism: Global Demographics”. In Bullivant, Stephen; Ruse, Michael. The Oxford Handbook of Atheism. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0199644650.
“UK among most secular nations”. BBC News. 26 February 2004. Retrieved 2015-01-14.
2. “Worldwide Adherents of All Religions by Six Continental Areas, Mid-2007”. Encyclopædia Britannica. 2007. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
3. 2.3% Atheists: Persons professing atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious (opposed to all religion).
4. 11.9% Nonreligious: Persons professing no religion, nonbelievers, agnostics, freethinkers, uninterested, or dereligionized secularists indifferent to all religion but not militantly so.
5. “Gallup International Religiosity Index” (PDF). Washington Post. WIN-Gallup International. April 2015
 1 http://www.loc.gov/teachers/classroommaterials/connections/abraham-lincoln-papers/file.html
 1.Grant, M., Jesus: An Historian’s Review of the Gospels New York: Scribner’s, 1977, Page 176
 Thomas Arnold, Christian Life, Its Hopes, Its Fears, and Its Close, 6th ed. (London: T. Fellowes, 1859), pp. 15-16
 Gary Habermas, “My Pilgrimage from Atheism to Theism: An Exclusive Interview with Former British Atheist Professor Antony Flew.” Available from the Web site of Biola University at www.biola.edu/antonyflew
 Graves, Robert (2014-03-05). The Twelve Caesars (Kindle Locations 3343-3345). RosettaBooks. Kindle Edition.
2.Van Daalen, D. H., The Real Resurrection, London: Collins, 1972, Page 41
3.Kremer, Jakob, Die Osterevangelien — Geschichten um Geschichte, Stuttgart: Katholisches Bibelwerk, 1977, Pages 49-50
3 The following are specific references to Jesus of Nazareth, as found in the Talmud under passages on execution in Sanhedrin 43 a-b. English translations of the Talmud from Peter Schäfer, pp 133–140
Herzog 1: On the eve of Passover, they hanged Jesus the Nazarene.
Vatican 130: He went and brought up Jesus the Nazarene.
Vatican 140: He went and brought up Jesus.
Munich 95: On the eve of the Passover, they hanged Jesus of Nazareth.
Firenze 11.1.8-9: On the Sabbath eve and the eve of Passover, they hanged Jesus the Nazarene.
Karisruhe 2: On the eve of Passover, they hanged Jesus the Nazarene.
Barco: On the eve of Passover, they hanged Jesus of Nazareth.
4 Ibid, chart by Rodney Stark 5 “Honest Men: An Expositional Treatise Of The Life, Death, And Resurrection of Jesus,” Robert Clifton Robinson, 2016, Kindle Edition, Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert, 1960, page 31
 Ibid, Chapter: “Manuscript Evidence”
 “The Prophecies Of The Messiah,” The Resurrection of Jesus Christ, Forensic evidence by a Pathologist regarding the Shroud of Turin, 2015, Teach The Word Publishing Inc.
 Pontius Pilate in History and Interpretation by Helen K. Bond 2004 ISBN 0-521-61620-4 page xi
Categories: Historical Validity of the New Testament, How to Pray, Living For Jesus, Physical Constants, Reliability of the New Testament, Robert Clifton Robinson, Salvation, Science and the Bible, Studying the Word of God, The Four Gospels, The Historical Jesus, The Historical Jesus, The Resurrection, True Repentance
Please see, "Guidelines For Debate," at the right-side menu. Post your comment or argument here: