According to atheists, empirical evidence is necessary in order to prove the existence of God. What kind of empirical evidence is required? Testable, provable, observable, scientific evidence.
According to the most recent scientific evidence that exists today for our universe, this level of evidence has been attained.
- There is no scientific proof anywhere that the universe came into existence, or exists in such a way to permit human life on earth, because of a known natural process. If any atheist denies that this is true, please provide this evidence at the comments section of this article.
- The actual provable, observable, testable science for our universe, concludes that fine-tuned constants exist which make life possible. These physical constants are not possible by any naturally occurring process. The premise of anything fine-tuned is that these parameters are known in advance and precisely set in order to achieve an outcome that was known beforehand.
- Natural process do not require intelligence to achieve their ends. Fine-tuning of anything requires an intelligent being in order to accomplish the processes required. Our universe exists today with 1,978 physical constants that provide the precise environment necessary for life on earth. Skeptics, please tell me how this is possible by any natural process?
- Since the universe can only exist because of these fine-tuned constants and there are no naturally occurring processes that are capable of achieving the great number of constants we observe in our universe, this is scientific, empirical evidence that an intelligent Being set these constants precisely where they are for the purpose of allowing human life on earth to exist.
- Those who deny that fine-tuning can only occur by intelligence, assert that other universes are responsible for the fine tuning of our universe. This hypothesis states that in an unlimited number of universes, we would expect that there would be many other universes which could develop with fine-tuned constants.
- There is no scientific evidence that there are any other universes, or that we will ever find any other universes other than our own. For this reason, the “other universes” theory is not a viable explanation for the fine-tuning of our universe.
- In conclusion, there is scientific, empirical evidence for God in the fine-tuning of the universe and there is no scientific, empirical evidence that impeaches intelligence as the reason for our universe.
According to the Bible, it was the creation of the universe that God asserted as His proof that He exists. David wrote in the 19th Psalm that the universe is speaking to us here on earth, evidence that God exists. Day after day, night after night, the universe proves that God exists and is responsible for the universe in which we live.
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. ~Psalms 19:1-4 (NLT)
Hebrew scholar, Paul of Tarsus in the first century, wrote that the universe is the only evidence that any intelligent person needs to prove to themselves that God exists.
For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. ~Romans 1:20 (NLT)
The demand for empirical evidence for God has been met. Even the most skeptical, critical thinker, can understand this evidence and it has no formal, logical, or scientific defects.
I invite anyone with the ability to impeach the fine-tuned universe as empirical evidence for God, to write your impeachment at the end of this article as a comment.
Categories: Agnostics and Skeptics, Origin of the Universe, Physical Constants, Robert Clifton Robinson, Salvation is a free gift, Salvation through Jesus, Science and the Bible, The age of the Earth, The Miracles of Jesus, We must see our need, What is required for Heaven?