This Page Is Provided For Those Seeking Evidence For God
Although I am certain that the evidence for God is overwhelming and empirical, I realize that there are many people who are not convinced. I find that this is usually due to a lack of awareness in the evidence that does exist. I have spent nearly 45 years investigating the evidence that exists for God, conducting detailed research, and investigation so that I might be convinced myself. I have published 31 books, and written over 2,200 articles on this site that are provided specifically to furnish evidence for those who genuinely seek proof that God exists. I have taught the evidence for God in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Evidence Is Not Always Enough
I have also learned over the past four decades that although many people say they are seeking evidence, in truth they are really seeking an argument. This is why evidence is never enough to convince some people. The human heart is a much greater barrier to faith in God than the mind which demands evidence.
A large number of people who saw Jesus open the eyes of the blind, heal the sick, and raise the dead, still did not believe in Him.
Jesus said to them, but you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me. ~John 6:36 (NLT)
But despite all the miraculous signs Jesus had done, most of the people still did not believe in him. This is exactly what Isaiah the prophet had predicted in 53:1: “Lord, who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed his powerful arm?” ~John 12:37-38 (NLT)
Evidence does not convince anyone who does not want to believe. The atheist’s demand for evidence is sometimes a facade that hides a heart that has no desire for God.
Providing Reasons To Believe
These things being said, there are a very select few who are genuinely seeking evidence so that they might believe. I was one of these 45 years ago. I was not raised in a Christian home. We never went to church or talked about God. I simply picked up a copy of the New Testament and began to read about Jesus. What He said and how He treated people was beyond anything that I had ever seen before. It took me about seven years of research into all of the gods and religions of the world, as well as an investigation into the scientific basis for the universe, with tremendous research into the origin and reliability of the New Testament, before I became convinced by evidence that God exists in the person of Jesus Christ.
It is my sincere hope that the evidence I place before you here might be of some assistance in your own journey of knowledge into the existence of God.
Evidence From Science
The first evidence that I found compelling for the existence of God was in the scientific findings for the origin and operation of the universe. What I have discovered over the last thirty years is that the manner in which the universe began and expanded, could not have happened by any natural process. In this section I will provide you with a few articles which detail the scientific evidence for God as the source of the universe.
Evidence From The New Testament
It is alleged by several critics of the New Testament that the narratives of Jesus are not reliable. Some of the reasons given are that the text was written too late after the events took place. Other critics state that the narratives of Jesus in the New Testament have been changed over the past 2,000 years. Finally, it is the belief of many critics that because the New Testament contains references to supernatural events, this defines the New Testament as mythological. In this section I will provide you with resources that prove that 26 of the 27 books of the New Testament were written before 70 A.D., the text of the New Testament in its fundamental principles have never been altered in the past 2,000 years, and proof that the miracles described in the New Testament are not really miracles at all, but naturally occurring events that are possible within all the physical laws of the universe.
The Universe Exists Only Because Of Intelligent Acts, Not By Any Natural Process
If the universe exists by a natural process, there would be evidence of this in the processes that we can scientifically observe. Today we have the ability to examine the universe and see how it began, the procedures that took place at its inception, and how it has continued to expand during the past 13.8 billion years. If the universe is the product of intelligent actions that predetermined its commencement and controlled how it expanded so that intelligent life on earth could exist, we can examine the science of these events and determine whether they occurred by natural processes or were caused by an outside source. We don’t need to guess or simply “have faith” that such processes gave us our universe. Science is able to provide us with evidence whether we live in a universe by natural processes, or there were intelligent decisions made and engineered into our universe.
The first article that follows this paragraph is one that I highly recommend because it thoroughly explains the scientific process that was necessary in order for our universe to exist as it does today. Be patient in the first part of this article as I am seeking to establish as few principles and lay a foundation for how the universe began, before I actually get to the scientific evidence for how the universe came into being because of intelligent actions.
Please Read The Following Article In Its Entirety, If You Are Sincere In Your Desire For Knowledge
This next article is provided as a point of reference for the first article, showing the 1,978 physical constants that our universe exhibits and how they are essential to human life on earth. Think of a control board with 1,978 dials that must all be precisely set before human life on earth is possible. Not only must we know where these dials must be set beforehand, we must also know the consequences of any incorrect setting that will destroy the universe and cause it to collapse back upon itself if these dials are set incorrectly the first time.
Advanced Knowledge And The Resulting Consequences, Are Only Possible By Intelligence, Not By A Natural Or Accidental Process
The following articles describe general attributes of the universe which allow us to understand the intelligence necessary to create a universe like ours.
- Accidents And The Universe: Can Complexity Result From Chance?
- The Science Of Cosmology And The Bible
- How Intelligence Acted Upon The Universe
- The God Of The Bible Is Intricately Involved In Every Part Of The Universe
- Understanding A Non-Finite, Non-Contingent, Non-Material, Eternal, Spirit-Being
- Empirical Evidence Presented By The Universe, Proves God Exists
- It Is Inevitable That Science Will Acknowledge God As The Source Of The Universe
- Do We Live In An Accidental Universe?
- The End of the Universe: Time and Eternity
- The Origin of the Universe and Life on Other Planets
- Ice Creme and the Universe
- An Impossible Universe
- The Beginning of the Universe: Reconciling 6 Days with 13.7 Billion Years
- The Universe Exists as Empirical Evidence For God
- The True Age of the Universe, and the Fall of Lucifer
- The Wisdom Of God And Human Foolishness
- Atheist Objection: Miracles Are Not Possible
- Answering The Claim: “There Is No Evidence For God”
How We Can Verify The Reliability Of The New Testament Narratives Of Jesus
One of the preeminent problems that I have observed in my study of the New Testament manuscript evidence, is the prevalence of false and misleading information that is disseminated by critics of the New Testament. The idea that what is written about Jesus in the New Testament is a myth or fabricated story, is utter nonsense. When we examine the actual text itself in the surviving manuscript copies, we find that every requirement for historically accurate text, honest testimony, and genuine narratives about Jesus, is met and surpassed by greater certainty than any other ancient literature in existence.
- The New Testament was written closer to the events than any other ancient event in history.
- There are more copies (24,593) of the New Testament manuscripts that have survived time and decay than any other manuscript copies in existence.
- The text from these surviving manuscripts, when compared with our modern translation of the New Testament today, are virtually identical in all its basic principles about Jesus.
- The allegation that the text of the New Testament has been changed over the past 2,000 years, by thousands of Textual Variants, is a deceitful fabrication. In fact, what is meant by a Textual Variant, is nothing more than misspelled words, alternative words, grammatical errors, and different ways of saying the exact same thing.
The Following Articles Address All Of The Above Issues And Provide Evidence:
- The Primary Issues Of New Testament Criticism
- Were The Gospels Written By Eyewitnesses?
- When Were The Gospels Written?
- Legal Analysis Of The Four Gospels As Valid Eyewitness Testimony
- Why The New Testament Is a Valid Historical Narrative
- The Four Gospels Were Not Written Anonymously
- Alleged Textual Variants Of The New Testament Do Not Change The Narrative
- Examining The New Testament For Reliability And Eyewitness Accounts
- The Historical Record Of Jesus Is The Largest In All Of Antiquity
- The Internal Evidence Of The New Testament Proves Its Integrity And Reliability
- Archeological Discoveries That Confirm The New Testament Narratives Of Jesus
- First Century Manuscript Evidence For Jesus
- How Forensic Evidence Proves The New Testament Is Historical And Reliable
- The False Assertion That The Gospel Writers Borrowed From Mark Or The “Q” Document
- Evidence The Four Gospels Are Separate And Distinct Narratives
- Does Jesus Live In The Believer? How Jesus Communicated A Remembrance Of All He Had Done To The New Testament Writers
- New Testament Reliability: Eyewitnesses And Liars
- The New Testament Passes Every Literary Test of History
- The New Testament Is Intended As Historical Accounts
- Proving The New Testament Is A Reliable Narrative Of Jesus’ Crucifixion And Resurrection From Evidence
- Table Of Extant Greek New Testament Manuscripts
- 121 Non Biblical Sources For Jesus in the Historical Record
- How Does Criticism Of The New Testament Relate To Its Reliability?
- Evidence Of New Testament Reliability: Reliance Upon The Old Testament
- Truth And Lies Regarding New Testament Reliability
- The Truth Of The New Testament Is Not Defined By Opinion, Bias, Or, Doubt, But By Historical Evidence
- The Historical Records Of Jesus’ Life, Death, And Resurrection Are Unimpeachable
- How Liberal New Testament Scholars Deceive The World Today
- When A New Testament Scholar Is Not
- Jesus Authenticates The New Testament As Scripture
- The New Testament is Written by Jews, About Jews, For Jews
- Empirical Integrity of the New Testament
- Biblical Inerrancy And The Errors Of Critics
- The Reliability of the New Testament
- The Historical Record Proves That God Exists
- Old Testament Law: A Lesson In God’s Nature Not Understood Today
- Are The Old Testament Laws Applicable Today?
- The Greatest And Most Astute Scholar In History Said That Jesus Is God And Messiah
- The Historical Documentation For Jesus’ Death And Resurrection
- The Death and Resurrection of the Messiah Predicted by the Old Testament
- If You Just Read The New Testament For Yourself, You Will See That It Is True
- How Peter Knew the Birth of Jesus Church Was a Fulfillment of Prophecy
- New Testament Evidence, Jesus is “Yahweh” of the Old Testament
- Principle Differences Between Jesus And All Other Gods And Religions
- These Things Were Written: An Expositional Treatise Of The Life, Death, And Resurrection Of Jesus
- How Faith And Evidence Work Together
- Impeaching The Idea That The New Testament Is Not True
- It Is Very Easy To Deceive An Atheist
The Following Are Some Of The Books That I have Written As Evidence For The Existence Of God: