What are the signs of Jesus’ return and the end of the age?
Jesus was very specific in telling us what to look for in determining the end of this present world. For the time being, God’s timeline is focused on the salvation of people. God is waiting to give time for people to find Jesus, receive Him and be saved. God’s Spirit will not always strive with us forever. He has appointed a time when His Grace will run out and the end will come. For 2,000 years we have all seen God’s Grace in action, being patient with a world that denies God, rejects Christ, and is increasingly becoming more violent and evil.
Are there “signs” that we are near the end? God has told us in advance that when we are near the time when end of this present age is upon us, certain events will be observed. The events described in the Book of Revelation will commence immediately after the return of Jesus for His church. Just prior to Jesus’ return we will see:
- The Jews returning in their own land once again and the nation formed in one day. This took place on one day in 1948.
- An increase in lawlessness across the world. We have not witnessed the degree of evil and violence in the world since the time of Noah when God pronounced that every thought and intent of man’s heart was towards evil continually (Genesis 6).
- There will be signs in the heavens. Within the past two years, we have had a Tetrad of Blood Moons and a Total Solar Eclipse over the United States for the first time in 100 years. America was founded by God for the purpose of spreading the message of the Gospel to the world. It was founded upon righteousness and the law but has moved away from God into perversity and corruption. The people of America no longer seek the God of the Bible. They deny Him his rightful place in every public place and in their personal lives. The law which was once used for righteousness, now protects perversity.
- Israel is under direct threat of annihilation by many Muslim nations. An attack could come at any moment. God will not permit Israel to be destroyed. The fact that we are on the brink of a massive attack against Israel, requires the return of Jesus for this event to be possible.
- North Korea and Iran now have the capacity to launch nuclear weapons at the United States and Israel for the first time in history. God will not permit this to happen as His people still live in these lands and no one can touch God’s people without His permission. It is certain that after Jesus removes those who love Him from the earth, both Iran and North Korea will be permitted nuclear launches against the Unites States and Israel. These are described within the seal judgment’s of Revelation.
- The rise of perverse sexual lifestyles in America and the redefining of marriage. A departure from our historical roots of morality and the sanctity of marriage has degraded into acceptance of perverse and unnatural relationships as normal. God warned the nations who forget Him and begin to live as those who were destroyed for their perverse practices that they would endure the same fate.
- The murder of millions of babies in the womb for the sake of convenience in the U.S.. is a stunning parallel to the Canaanite nations who sacrificed their babies to Molech for the same reasons. These nations were destroyed and their judgement was intended as a warning by God to other nations who practice these abominations.
When Jesus removes His church from the earth it is certain that this will occur during the fulfillment of the Feast of Trumpets. This will be the fifth of seven feasts that Jesus fulfilled in His first arrival on earth. During the three and one-half years of Jesus’ ministry, He perfectly fulfilled Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, and Pentecost on the precise day, and in the specific way that these feasts must be fulfilled. For detailed information on these events see the article: “The Prophetic Fulfillment of the Seven Feasts of Israel by Jesus.”
After those who love Jesus are removed from earth, the time of God’s judgment on the world will begin, For seven years these events that will take place on the earth will kill over two-thirds of those who live upon this planet. These events are described in great detail by the Book of Revelation. I described these events in my book: “Dead or Alive, The Return of Jesus.”
During these seven years, the nation of Israel and the Jews will have their eyes opened and they will realize that Jesus is the True Messiah. For the past 2,000 years the Jews have not been able to understand who Jesus is because God has blinded them, as a fulfillment of Jesus prediction in the Gospels.
Because Israel did not recognize the time of their visitation by the Messiah, their nation was left to them desolate and their were disbursed to the whole world. In 70 A.D., Titus destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple and destroyed the nation.
The Jews were not permitted by God to return to Israel until the time of the end, just before the return of Jesus to earth. As the Jews have been in their land again for 70 years, the world is now ready for the return of the Messiah. As Israel was in captivity for 70 years before, so shall she be once again. The 70 years are nearly over and the time of their salvation is at hand. When Jesus returns for His church at the beginning of the Tribulation period, this will bring the antichrist into the world. He will grant permission for the Jews to rebuild their Temple and establish seven years of peace. The Jews will think this man is their Messiah. He will announce that he is God as the mid-way point of the seven years. This event will open the eyes of the Jews and they will realize that the one they pierced was their Messiah.
The time of these events is upon us. All those who are willing to be saved, now is the time. The days are far spent and the time of salvation is nearly over. Today is the day to receive Jesus as your time for salvation will not last much longer.
Categories: America Abandons God, Arab Israeli Conflict, Believers Removed before Tribulation, Building the Third Temple, Gay marriage, Gay Marriage and Same-Sex, Israel in the Last Days, Robert Clifton Robinson, The Founding of America, Total Solar Eclipse August 21
Please see, "Guidelines For Debate," at the right-side menu. Post your comment or argument here: