In over 43 years of interviewing atheists regarding their knowledge of science to support the idea that God does not exist, I have consistently found that they are lacking in accurate knowledge of the true facts.
The basic nature of the universe, earth, and human life, cannot be explained by any naturalistic process. Once a person understands the complexities of these things it becomes clear that only an infinitely intelligent Being would be capable of engineering and orchestrating this magnificent universe and human life.
- Since time, space, and matter did not exist before the universe began, where did these things come from to make the universe?
- Since there were no physical laws before the universe, what force controlled the universe to exact a specific outcome to allow for life? Gravity, electromagnetism, entropy, and the distribution of matter, all require precise control at the beginning or the universe would have collapsed back upon itself. If not God, and seeing that the laws of physics did not exist, what force acted upon these imperative forces to cause then to be set precisely where they needed to be to sustain life, 13.7 billion years later?
- The universe began with an extreme low state of entropy. Mathematical Physicists, Sir Roger Penrose said that the only possibility that this could have taken place is if an intelligence acted upon the expansion to cause a low state of entropy. Given the conditions that were present at the commencement of the universe, scientists would have expected a very high state of entropy. How is this possible if the universe evolved on its own?
- The ratio between gravity and electromagnetism during the first picosecond of the universe was precisely set. If this balance was increased by only 1 part in 1040, there would never have been life on earth 13.7 billion years later. Cosmologist Paul Davies determined by calculation that a 1-in-1040 chance is equal to shooting and hitting a coin from Earth, at the far side of the universe. No natural or evolutionary force could cause this to take place, what caused this extreme low state of entropy, if not an infinite intelligence?
- The mass difference between a proton and an electron is 1:1836. This means that the proton is precisely 1,836 times larger than an electron. Despite this difference in size, both have the exact same electric charge. If we were to alter this electric charge by one part in 100 billion, every atom in the universe would self destruct. Since this mass/electric charge could not evolve, it must be precisely set first before life can begin. How could an evolutionary process achieve this precise ratio the first time?
- Our universe contains the precise physical constants that have the exact values that are required to allow for complex structures, such as galaxies, stars, planets, and people to exist. There are over 122 of these anthropic constants. How did evolution dial these constants in to the precise settings necessary for life and sustain them for 9 billion years, until the earth was formed? Evolution cannot produce precise settings all at once, yet all 122 of these constants had to be in place at the same time, before life could begin. Explain how this happened if not by an infinite intelligence?
- Despite several failed attempts, no scientist has ever been able to prove that life comes from anything except other life. Animals, plants, all organisms, all life comes from their own kind. In the only case of a claimed spontaneous generation of life, Louis Pasteur proved that this experiment was a hoax. By scientific evidence, Pasteur proved that life only comes from life which existed previously.There have never been any provable exceptions to this basic law of life. Not long after Darwin published his Origin of Species in 1859, Louis Pasteur challenged the idea of spontaneous generation. This hypothesis is the very foundation of evolution as the origin of life. Dr. Pasteur’s simple but elegant “swan-necked flask” experiments impeached the idea of organic life as originating from a non-life assertion. Since it is not possible for evolution to produce the first life, what process cause life to begin, if not God?
- The only evolutionary process that has been proven by scientists is that certain species—when placed in harsh environments—have the ability to adapt themselves by certain changes that permit their continued survival. This type of limited evolutionary processes is assumed as evidence that greater evolutionary processes are also possible. What is falsely insinuated is that man could have evolved from the ape species. To the present day (2018), no scientific proof has ever been presented which would validate that man could have evolved from the ape species. No intermediate species have been discovered in the fossil record, though several fraudulent examples have been presented.The idea that all life forms originated from a common ancestor has no scientific evidence to prove that this has actually taken place, other than the limited evolution of certain species for the purpose of adaptation. The creatures, plants, and organisms that exist on earth, all follow a predetermined course for their existence that is fixed and unchangeable.Every animal appeared on earth fully formed as they now exist, and only under certain rare circumstances has any animal or plant changed slightly for the purpose of adaptation. There is no evidence that any species has evolved itself into a completely new species outside their original species. Since evolution of species has been scientifically disproven, how did life originate if not from God?
- When we think of evolution of the species in the sense of apes becoming man, this type of evolution has never presented evidence that would lead us to scientifically validate this kind of massive changes in evolution. Biology is based on taxonomy (classifications of species). This is the reason we see plants and animals with different scientific names. A species that occurs within an existing species because of adaptability is quite common. This new species within a species is not the same as evolution in the sense of creating a different animal or distinct kinds of organisms.
When different species attempt to produce fertile offspring by breeding, the resulting offspring are always sterile. When donkeys and horses breed, the result is a mule which cannot reproduce itself. This is due to the massive differences between donkeys and horses in their DNA as distinct species.
The difficulty in accomplishing the same outcome between apes and humans is not only difficult, it is impossible. Although attempts have been made several times to impregnate a female ape with a human sperm in order to produce a hybrid ape-man, this procedure has limits that are impossible to overcome. This is due to the impossible conflict that exists between the incompatibility of human and ape chromosomes and the genetic instructions necessary to create a hybrid.
Chimpanzees and human beings sharing 95% of their DNA sequence and about 99% of their coding DNA sequences. Because of this close proximity in these two, many have assumed that the boundaries are not impossible to cross.
One of the biggest obstacles in creating an ape-human hybrid is that humans have 46 chromosomes and apes have 48. Even in the event that a zygote should form, this difference in chromosomes will not permit the chromosomes to pair together correctly in order to cause pregnancy.
Finally, there is at least a 40 million base pair difference between the code of apes and humans that further make the chance of creating a living missing link impossible.
Chromosomes alone are not the key in this regard. The genetic code that is necessary to instruct cells on how to form living tissue, organs, and body parts is the key to making it possible for an ape and human to produce offspring. The genetic code for an ape is lacking 40 million characters.
Making human and ape genetic code compatible is a bit like trying to use the operating system of an iPhone to run a nuclear submarine. The genetic code of an ape is lacking the key instructions necessary to make a viable being between ape and human. This has never happened before, and it never will happen. Understanding these things, how could an advanced life form such as man, exist at all if not by the creation of an infinite Being?
The Bible presents us with scientific facts of the universe—precisely as they have existed since the beginning of the Cosmos.
♦ In the beginning there was nothing, when suddenly, the universe came into existence (Genesis 1:1).
♦ Time, Space, and Matter came into existence at the same precise moment (Genesis 1:1).
♦ The number of stars in the universe are so great in number, they cannot be counted (Jeremiah 33:22).
♦ The Sun follows a circular course through the universe (Psalms 19:4-6).
♦ The Earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22).
♦ The Earth hangs in empty space, suspended by gravity (Job 26:7).
♦ All matter in the universe is made up of invisible material, consisting of Atoms (Hebrews 11:3).
♦ The invisible physiology and function of the human body, understood by God before medicine knew these things (Genesis 17:12).
No other religion or god of this world has ever conveyed through the writings of their scriptures such detailed knowledge of the universe, prior to the scientific discovery of these facts. How is it that the God of the Bible knew all of this scientific information about the universe, earth, and the physical nature of man, hundreds of years before science discovered these things?
Categories: 10 Lists, Atheists, Common objections by Atheists, Empirical Evidence for God, Evolution of Species, Jesus is God, Origin of the Universe, Physical Constants, Robert Clifton Robinson, Salvation is a free gift, Science and the Bible, Scientists Who Believe in God, Special Evolution, The Creation of the Universe, The earth is the Lord's, We must repent, What happens after death?