If God exists and He desires that we know Him, how would He communicate with us and prove His existence? You might find it interesting that nowhere in the Bible does God seek to prove His existence. He knows, that we know, He exists, and someday He will hold us accountable for this knowledge.
It has always been the intent of God that He would reveal Himself by His word. It is by the texts of the Bible that any person can know God and have a relationship with Him. Despite the assertions of atheists that the Bible is not true, is unreliable, and is filled with errors, these texts have been tested and examined by the best minds on earth, for hundreds of years, and there has never been any actual evidence that the Bible is untrue, filled with errors, or is unreliable. All of these arguments put forth by atheists are merely conjecture and speculation.
It is obvious that any criticism made by an atheist concerning the Bible, is not going to be true. The premise of atheism is, “there are no gods.” Understanding that the entire purpose of the Bible is to reveal God, we would expect all atheists to try and refute its reliability. They have never been successful.
I have published extensive evidence demonstrating that modern New Testament scholars are either lying about Jesus, or they are inept in knowing the true facts of these texts.
Gone In 60 Seconds: Impeaching Every Atheist Assertion
The Bible Reveals three Primary Ways That We Know God Exists
- By His Universe
- By His Word
- By His Son
Psalms 19 describes the universe as providing us with sufficient evidence that God exists. Science has never proven that our universe came into existence by itself, or as the result of an already existing universe. The scientific evidence which does exist today, proves that our universe must have come into existence as the result of a thinking Being.
The beginning of the universe at a specific moment when nothing existed prior; the beginning of gravity and electromagnetism—precisely balanced within 1 part in 10^40; the beginning of gravity; the beginning of hydrogen and helium at 3 minutes, also precisely balanced to a precise setting, and a total of 209 physical constants—many precisely set during the first few Plank Times of the universe—are not possible by any random chance, or natural process.
It is easy to prove that a Being with unlimited knowledge, was responsible for the universe. When we compare what we know about the science of the universe at its commencement, with the texts of the Bible that describe the universe, we find that there is logically only One Being capable of this feat of technology and power, The God called “I AM,” who first revealed Himself to Abraham in the Old Testament.
What Constitutes Valid Evidence?
The First Way That God Has Revealed Himself: His Universe
Many people are under the assumption that the universe simply began, and expanded into what we now observe. This assumption is wrong. First, there is no scientific evidence anywhere that anything existed prior to the commencement of our universe. Second, the universe began with matter being created instantaneously with space, and time to mark its duration.
Space expanded to accommodate the movement of matter—out from its origin as a densely compacted particle of pure energy. Time began at the same moment as matter and space, as did the laws that govern these processes, and the mathematics that allow us to understand the universe.
There was nothing before the beginning of the universe, so where did the pure energy come from that was converted into matter, that would make up everything that exists? Some Theoretical Physicists have postulated that there were other universes before ours, or there was an infinite number of universes before ours. These ideas are merely conjecture and speculation, existing only as mathematical calculations, but not provable by known science.
We cannot see beyond our own universe, and there is no evidence anywhere that there actually are any other universes. This idea was formulated by atheist theoretical physicists as an answer to the question presented by the existence of a fine-tuned universe. This is due to the fact that our universe is fine-tuned for human life on earth, and the only possibility that anything can be fine-tuned, is by an intelligence. There is no natural process that can ever fine-tune anything. Fine-tuning requires advanced knowledge of the events that will take place, so that the precise setting for gravity and electromagnetism, for example, is precisely set, at the precise moment it must exist.
What unguided natural process has the capacity of a thinking mind, to know what gravity and electromagnetism must be, at the first Planck Time of the universe, and set it precisely where it must be, in order for the universe to expand and produce galaxies, stars, and planets? Unguided natural processes rely on random events, or evolutionary processes of success and failure, before they can achieve a successful process.
The scientific evidence we do have for the beginning of our universe, demands a guided, purposeful commencement and expansion, to exact a specific outcome: human life on earth. We know the universe was guided because it presents us with the evidence of Fine-Tuned Physical Constants.
Fine-Tuning Requires Intelligence, Or It Cannot Happen
In the universe that we live, there were precise events that took place in the domain of Plank Time. The smallest possible measurement of time, is a Planck Time. There are a billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, Plank Times in one second.[3a] There are more Planck Times in one second, than there have been seconds in the 13.799 billion years of the universe.[3b]
The precise setting for Gravity and Electromagnetism, took place during the first Planck Time, and did so with extreme precision. Only a Being with an unlimited mind has this capacity to engineer and control such an event.
Our fine-tuned universe proves that God must exist.
The Entire Universe From Inception, Was Fine-Tuned
Anything that is fine-tuned, cannot happen by accident. By its very nature, existing at a set parameter, that if changed by even 1 part in 10^15, the universe would cease to exist in its present form.
There are 209 of these physical constants that are set within very precise parameters, that if changed even slightly, human life on earth would never have existed.
In the infinitesimal division of Planck Time, gravity and electromagnetism, came into existence, and then were guided to a precise balanced so that the expansion of the universe could continue. The mathematical odds that gravity and electromagnetism could achieve this precise and fine-tuned setting, is 1 in 10^40.
If the ratio between gravity and electromagnetism was increased by only 1 in 10^40, only very small stars would have formed. If the ratio were decreased by the same amount, only very large stars would have formed. In order for life to be possible on earth much later, there must be both large and small stars present in the universe. Earth came into existence as a result of a second generation star. The element that human beings are made from, carbon, is only produced by a second generation star. If gravity and electromagnetism were not precisely balanced at a billionth, billionth, billionth, billionth, billionth, of one Plank Time, our star, a second generation star, would never have formed, earth would never exist, we humans would never exist.
Large stars produce the elements needed for life, small stars burn at the precise rate required to sustain life on a planet, such as earth.[3c]
Physicist and Cosmologist Paul Davies also confirmed that the likelihood the correct ratio of gravity to electromagnetism could have occurred by accident, is a 1-in-10^40 chance. The probability that this precise calibration could have occurred on its own would be like trying to hit a coin at the far end of the universe from earth with a single shot.[3d]
When we consider the incredible accuracy required to allow the universe to begin with such precision, we realize that we are living in a universe that was specifically engineered for us.
Despite the chance that gravity could come into existence with electromagnetism, and balance themselves by a natural process, precisely the first time, is impossible. An intelligent Being is required to achieve such a feat of power. This happened precisely, and accurately the first time, in -430 Plank Time. There is no natural process, or blind luck, that could precisely balance gravity and electromagnetism so fast, so precise, necessary for the universe to continue its expansion.
There was a mind that knew when and where these precise events had to happen, and they were engineered to take place when they did.
If we follow the precise setting of all 209 of these physical constants, we find that every one also happened with precisions, and the exact moment they were required.
In simpler terms; if you are going to build a house for yourself, you must have knowledge before you begin, what events must take place, and exactly when they must happen. Could a house simply begin by itself, or by any natural process? Could a tornado gather up building materials and assemble them together at the right place, and right time?
The construction of the universe is infinitely more complex than any house. The sequence of events necessary to commence, expand, and complete the universe, could never happen by any natural process. It happened because a Being with a mind of limitless knowledge, and the technological power to accomplish such a construction, exists.
This Being is revealed to us every time we look up into the night sky and see what He has made.
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. ~Psalms 19:1-4
There are only two possibilities for the existence of the universe:
- It caused itself
- It was caused
The Fine-Tuned universe, precisely set for human life on earth, proves that the universe was caused. There is no evidence anywhere that the universe caused itself, or that any natural process can ever fine-tune anything.
Therefore, the existence of a universe that presents 209 Fine-Tuned Physical Constants, proves that a Being with an unlimited mind, power, and engineering capability, must have created the universe. The only Being capable of such a feat of intelligence is the God of the Hebrews, Yahweh. In the Koine-Greek New Testament, the men who saw and heard Jesus, stated repeatedly, that Jesus is Yahweh, who created all that exists:
Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see—such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. ~Colossians 1:15-17 (NLT) 15
How God Created The Universe: Science And The Bible In Symmetry
If You Are An Atheist And You Have The Ability To Impeach The Fine-Tuned Universe As Evidence For the Existence Of God, Place Your Impeachment At The End Of This Essay
- Present the actual scientific evidence that proves that Fine-Tuning is possible by a natural process.
- Present the actual scientific evidence that any natural process could have produced a universe with 209 Physical Constants, precisely set to allow Human life on earth.
- Please do not present the opinions of another atheist, whether a New Testament scholar, scientist, or from an atheist website. Present evidence, not opinions, or theoretical mathematical equations that cannot be proven; present actual evidence. The Fine-Tuned universe is testable, provable, scientific evidence; impeach it with the same.
The following essays on this site are provided as evidence that God is the source of our universe, and therefore proves His existence:
- How God Created The Universe: Science And The Bible In Symmetry
- Evidence For Fine-Tuning Of The Universe: 209 Physical Constants That Make Life On Earth Possible
- Scientific Evidence For God: A Fine-Tuned Universe
- How The Physical Constants And Fine-Tuning Of The Universe Proves God Exists
- Noted Phds And Scientists Who Believe God Created The Universe
- How The Physical Laws Of The Universe Prove God
- The Universe Proves God Exists: 1,978 Quantifiable Characteristics Required For Life On Earth
- Accidents And The Universe: Can Complexity Result From Chance?
- The God Of The Bible Is Intricately Involved In Every Part Of The Universe
- Empirical Evidence Presented By The Universe, Proves God Exists
- How Intelligence Acted Upon The Universe
- It Is Inevitable That Science Will Acknowledge God As The Source Of The Universe
The Second Way That God Has Revealed Himself: His Word
Understanding that it is by human words that we communicate with each other, it is reasonable that the Being who created our universe would chose to communicate with us, also by human words.
How could we validate that the words which are alleged to be from this Being, are actually His communication and not merely the words of men?
The Book of Deuteronomy gives us this method of verification:
“But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the LORD?’ If the prophet speaks in the LORD’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the LORD did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.” ~Deuteronomy 18:21-22
In other words, people make predictions of future events all of the time. The statistics for actual fulfillment of the predictions that people make is about 50 percent.
The Bible is asserting that when God is the one who is predicting a future event, the way in which we will know for certain these words are from God, and not merely men, is whether or not the words come to fulfillment, exactly as written.
In the 70’s I was a drummer for a touring Rock band. Although I had all of the things that people in this word say a person needs to be truly happy, I was not happy. I was an atheist at that time and gave no thought to God. I picked up a Bible one day and began to read the story of Jesus in the Gospel of John. I was struck by who Jesus is, and how He treated people. I had never met anyone like this before. This curiosity propelled me into a four decades-long scholarly education that brought me face to face with the prophecies of the Bible.
In my 46 years of Biblical scholarship, I have researched all of the prophecies of the Bible and found that every one which should have been fulfilled, was fulfilled with great precision. Not one of the predictions that God made in the Bible has ever failed.
See The 400 Messianic Prophecies Jesus Fulfilled
I have also read the comments of atheist scholars who assert that these prophecies have failed. In every case where a critic has asserted a failure, upon investigation, they have been found wrong. These false assumptions are due to a variety of reasons, chief amongst these: misunderstanding or lack of knowledge concerning the texts;
In examining over 100 of the most commonly asserted failures of a Biblical prophecy found in the Bible, we find the following:
- 25 of the supposed errors were simply due to a misunderstanding of the historical text of the Bible.
- 15 of the claimed errors were due to the text being misread.
- 13 occasions in which an error is imagined, there was a misuse of the original Hebrew language.
- 13 of the errors claimed by critics are not errors at all.
- 12 of the claimed errors are due to the critic not understanding the intent of the prophecy in which they were reading.
- 9 of the imagined errors were due to copyist errors of the extant manuscript.
- 6 of the alleged errors, occurred because the reader did not have a complete awareness of the ancient history of Israel and the nations mentioned by the Bible.
- 4 occasions of claimed errors were due to a misuse of the Greek language.
- 4 times where an error was asserted, the entire context of the verse was not read and taken into consideration.
- 3 of the supposed errors were due to a literalist interpretation rather than the contextual interpretation that the verse demands.
- 3 of the alleged errors were made due to a by false conclusions because of a hostile evaluation or bias by the critic.
- 1 of the errors was due to confusion by the critic between one event of history and another.
- 1 of the errors was made due to the usage of an unreliable translation of the Bible.
See the precision of Bible Prophecy in the Prophecy of Tyre
From this short analysis of just 100 ways in which the untrained may misunderstand a prophecy, or lack to knowledge to understand what the prophecy is saying, and how it was fulfilled; we can understand why critics of Bible Prophecy often assert failures that these predictions were fulfilled.
If at any time, even one of these prophecies (numbering is excess of 2,000), were ever found by me as failing, I would have immediately given up my trust in the Bible as the true words of God. This is due to the fact that God said that not one of His words which predict an event, will ever fail.
I have proven by over four decades of critical scholarship of the Bible, that not a single prophecy in the Bible has failed. The only way that this could be true, is if the source of these prophecies was a Being from outside time, who knew in advance, every event that was being described.
“Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” ~Isaiah 46:9-10
From the beginning, the men who experienced these prediction God made, also confirmed that He fulfills all that He says:
“Behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth. And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed.” ~Joshua 23:14
If a person reads the Bible with the forethought that the texts are not true, and they seek to find places that they imagine are contradictory, exhibit discrepancies, or are not true, this will be the result they achieve.
If a person reads the Bible with the forethought that it is true, and they seek to understand what the texts are saying without bias or desire to find the texts wrong, they have the opportunity to really understand what is being said.
The idea that a person can read through the Bible a few times and know what it says, is preposterous. I have read the Bible hundreds of time and taught it line upon line, precept upon precept, every book of the Bible, and I still do not know and understand all that is written.
What I have learned in 46 years of Biblical scholarship, and in publishing and teaching commentary on the Bible all over the world, is that it is all true. Not once have I ever had pause that these texts are not accurate. In every case where something became difficult for me to understand, by endeavoring to search out the problem and find an answer to the difficulty, I was able to find the answers I need to trust the text. I am not a person easily persuaded. I am one who needs evidence and an intellectual reason to trust or believe anything of significance.
The Bible is Absolutely Reliable, and There are no Contradictions or Inconsistencies
The only certifiable problems that are known to exist concerning the Bible, are matters of spelling, punctuation, and grammar in some of the extant manuscript copies. Not one of these asserted problems, changes the fundamental narrative about Jesus in all 27 books of the New Testament.
Is The Bible Filled With Contradictions?
In the texts that are described as missing from some books, such as the last ten verses of Mark’s Gospel, if these verses were omitted, or added, it makes no difference in the facts of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. The texts that are in question do not need to be in Mark’s Gospel to make it valid. If these texts were dictated to Mark by Peter, it is reasonable that Peter never included these ten verses in his testimony.
The posit that translators later added these ten verses to clarify what happened after the women ran from Jesus’ tomb, back to Peter and the other disciples, is a very real possibility. Peter was brief and to the point, and he had already fully recounted the primary details of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. It was not necessary to include these final ten verses to accurately present his testimony as an eyewitness of Jesus. We find these details in the other three Gospels.
Other alleged additions in the Gospels are nothing more that commentary by people who read these texts later in history and wrote their comments in the margins of the manuscript copies. If you look at any one of my 24 Bibles, you will see that I have done the exact same thing; added my comments and observations to the texts.
Critics assert that these added comments, corrupt the texts and make them unreliable. Anyone who reads my comments in my Bibles, understands that I added these words myself as my own observations, not as addendums or corrections of the texts.
Other claims by Biblical critics of the New Testament, state that there are “variants” in the words used in different manuscripts, rendering the text unreliable. This is also easily impeached by the fact that people often use different words that mean the same thing, in describing events. These variants are nothing more than examples of what we do today with our modern translation of the New Testament. You can read a NKJV New Testament, and an NLT New Testament and see the exact same narrative, while these two different translation use slightly different words to describe the same narrative.
Every surviving New Testament manuscript, every modern translation of the New Testament, they all described the same events. Not one of these ancient or modern translations changes any part of the primary facts of Jesus’ life, death, resurrection, and return to heaven. They are all equally reliable in revealing the true facts of these events.
Despite the assertions of atheists and other critics of the New Testament, there has never been found, any evidence that all of the texts are anything less than honest, truthful, and reliable.
- We have more manuscript copies of the original New Testament autographs (24,593), than any other event that has taken place in history, secular or religious.
- The surviving manuscript copies of the New Testament were written close to the events in which they describe, than any other event in history, secular or religious.
- We have nearly complete copies of the New Testament from 175-225 AD. If we have manuscript copies from this early date, is is certain that the original autographs were written early in the first century.
- There is tremendous evidence that the Synoptic Gospels were completed by 44 AD.
- There are 134 statements by the writers of the New Testament, that they saw and heard Jesus, and they are recording their testimony so that all people can know the truth.
- There are 396 statements in the New Testament where the writers describe the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus, as eyewitnesses of these events.
- Jesus commanded these men who saw and heard Him, to write their testimony and send it out to the known world.
- The Old Testament prophets wrote that the men who saw the Messiah, crucified and risen from the dead, would write their testimony and send it to the world.
- The writers of the Gospels may have wanted to remain anonymous, for they were seeking to elevate Jesus and what He has done for the world, but the men who were there at the time these men wrote, knew who they were. There has never been a time in the Christian church when the true writers of the Gospels was unknown. Writing something about a person whom you are seeking to make known, is a forensic piece of evidence that a writer is telling the truth. Only honest men would write a documents of such importance and leave their name off of this document.
- The men who wrote the books of the New Testament were not illiterate as some atheist New Testament scholars assert. It is preposterous that Jesus would call men to witness what He had done to provide salvation for the whole world, and call men who couldn’t accomplish this task. We find tremendous evidence in the historical record that the men who wrote the New Testament letters, were able to speak and write in Koine-Greek.
- Contrary to atheist assertions, there are 134 secular, contemporaneous citations that describe Jesus, His crucifixion and resurrection, and the people who believed in Him, unwilling to deny He had risen from the dead. These secular citations are preserved for us and prove that Jesus was in Jerusalem during the time that the New Testament narratives place Him there, and He was crucified and risen from the dead.
All those who make claims of contradictions and inconsistencies do so for the apparent intent of discrediting the Christian gospel in order to impugn the claim that Jesus is the Messiah. The facts are: Jesus has proven His identity by His fulfillment of all the Old Testament prophecies of the Messiah—from the Hebrew Scriptures.
If You Are an Atheist and You Have the Ability to Impeach the Reliability of the New Testament, Place Your Impeachment at the End Of This Essay
- Present the actual literary, archeological, or historical evidence that proves the New Testament is not true or reliable.
- Present the actual evidence that the men who wrote the New Testament were not eyewitnesses, or recorded the testimony of eyewitnesses, and the texts were written late in the first century.
- Please do not present the opinions of another atheist, whether a New Testament scholar, or from an atheist website. Present evidence, not opinions, or theoretical ideas without evidence that cannot be proven. Present actual evidence to support your assertion that the New Testament is not accurate or reliable.
The Way That God Has Proven His Existence Is By The Testimony Of The New Testament.
The texts of the New Testament described God coming to earth as Jesus, performing miracles to prove He is God, and displaying all the attribute of God. It is the intent purpose of the New Testament to prove that God exists, and we can know Him by coming into a personal relationship with Jesus.
- The Primary Issues Of New Testament Criticism
- Were The Gospels Written By Eyewitnesses?
- When Were The Gospels Written?
- Historical Evidence That Proves The Resurrection Of Jesus
- Legal Analysis Of The Four Gospels As Valid Eyewitness Testimony
- Why The New Testament Is a Valid Historical Narrative
- The Four Gospels Were Not Written Anonymously
- Alleged Textual Variants Of The New Testament Do Not Change The Narrative
- Examining The New Testament For Reliability And Eyewitness Accounts
- The Historical Record Of Jesus Is The Largest In All Of Antiquity
- The Internal Evidence Of The New Testament Proves Its Integrity And Reliability
- Archeological Discoveries That Confirm The New Testament Narratives Of Jesus
- First Century Manuscript Evidence For Jesus
- How Forensic Evidence Proves The New Testament Is Historical And Reliable
- The False Assertion That The Gospel Writers Borrowed From Mark Or The “Q” Document
- Evidence The Four Gospels Are Separate And Distinct Narratives
- Does Jesus Live In The Believer? How Jesus Communicated A Remembrance Of All He Had Done To The New Testament Writers
- Evidence That Jesus Claimed To Be God
- Gone In 60 Seconds: Impeaching Every Atheist Assertion
- Paul Saw The Risen Jesus With His Own Eyes
- New Testament Reliability: Eyewitnesses And Liars
- The New Testament Passes Every Literary Test of History
- The New Testament Is Intended As Historical Accounts
- Proving The New Testament Is A Reliable Narrative Of Jesus’ Crucifixion And Resurrection From Evidence
- Table Of Extant Greek New Testament Manuscripts
- 121 Non Biblical Sources For Jesus in the Historical Record
- How Does Criticism Of The New Testament Relate To Its Reliability?
- Evidence Of New Testament Reliability: Reliance Upon The Old Testament
- Truth And Lies Regarding New Testament Reliability
- The Truth Of The New Testament Is Not Defined By Opinion, Bias, Or, Doubt, But By Historical Evidence
- The Historical Records Of Jesus’ Life, Death, And Resurrection Are Unimpeachable
- How Liberal New Testament Scholars Deceive The World Today
- When A New Testament Scholar Is Not
- Jesus Authenticates The New Testament As Scripture
- The New Testament is Written by Jews, About Jews, For Jews
- Empirical Integrity of the New Testament
- Biblical Inerrancy And The Errors Of Critics
- The Reliability of the New Testament
- The Historical Record Proves That God Exists
- Old Testament Law: A Lesson In God’s Nature Not Understood Today
- Are The Old Testament Laws Applicable Today?
- The Greatest And Most Astute Scholar In History Said That Jesus Is God And Messiah
- The Historical Documentation For Jesus’ Death And Resurrection
- The Death and Resurrection of the Messiah Predicted by the Old Testament
- If You Just Read The New Testament For Yourself, You Will See That It Is True
- How Peter Knew the Birth of Jesus Church Was a Fulfillment of Prophecy
- New Testament Evidence, Jesus is “Yahweh” of the Old Testament
- Principle Differences Between Jesus And All Other Gods And Religions
- These Things Were Written: An Expositional Treatise Of The Life, Death, And Resurrection Of Jesus
- How Faith And Evidence Work Together
- Impeaching The Idea That The New Testament Is Not True
- It Is Very Easy To Deceive An Atheist
The Third Way That God Has Revealed Himself: His Son
Although the second point of this essay, proves that God exists as He presented Himself to the world in Jesus, this third part of the essay presents evidence that Jesus claimed to be God, and proved that He is God.
One of the comments that is often made by critics of the Bible, and members of other religions who do not believe that Jesus is God, is the claim that Jesus never claimed to be God in the New Testament.
This is a strange assertion as the entire reason the chief priests and the Pharisees determined to kill Jesus, was because He claimed to be God.
The following documentation is provided to demonstrate, from the Bible, that Jesus repeatedly claimed to be God. He did this through several methods, primarily by stating that He is the Son of God, the Son of Man, and proved this claim by the miracles He performed, forgiving sins, and by fulfilling all 400 of the Messianic Prophecies of the Old Testament.
Jesus Claimed To Be God:
- Jesus applied a name to Himself that is only used for Yahweh, “I AM” (John. 4:26; 6:20; 8:24,28,58; 18:5,6).
- When the Pharisees asked Jesus if He is God, He said “Yes” (Mark 14:61-62).
- It was because Jesus had clearly claimed to be God, that the Pharisees took up stones to kill Him. They believed that Jesus was a mere man, but He was claiming to be God (John 10:31-33).
- Jesus claimed to be the Adonai of the Old Testament (Matthew. 22:42-45. See Genesis 15:2).
- Jesus claimed an identity with the Father, that no human has; equality with God (Matthew. 28:19; Mark. 14:62; John 5:18, John 10:30. The Jews understood that Jesus was claiming to be God by calling God His Father (John. 10:31-33; 14:8-9; 17:5).
- Jesus claimed to be God by exercising the chief prerogative of God-the forgiveness of sins (Mark 2:5-7); Luke 7:48-50).
- Jesus claimed to be God by asserting Omnipresence (Matthew. 18:20; John. 3:13); Omniscience (Jn. 11:11-14, when Jesus was fifty miles away; Mark. 11:6-8); Omnipotence (Matthew 28:18; Luke 7:14; John 5:21-23; 6:19); mastery over nature, and creative power (Luke 9:16-17; John 2:9; 10:28).
- Jesus claimed to be God by receiving and approving of human worship of Himself (Matthew 14:33; 28:9; John 20:28-29).
- Jesus claimed to be God by referring to Himself as “The Son of Man,” 77 times; a term used by Daniel 7:13 to describe the Messiah. This is translated from the Aramaic term: kebar enas, and it identifies the appearance of the Son of Man, according to Daniel, as God in human flesh.
- Jesus claimed to be God by calling Himself “The Son of God,” a term that was well understood by the people of that time, as defining the Messiah as Adonai–Yahweh, come to earth as a man (Matthew 26:63, Matthew 16:15-16). In John 5:18, “So the Jewish leaders tried all the harder to find a way to kill Jesus. For he not only broke the Sabbath, he called God his Father, thereby making himself equal with God.”The Old Testament predicted that the Messiah would be The Son of God (2 Samuel 7:14, Psalms 2:7, Psalms 110:1). In 1 John 5:20, this becomes clear as the Koine-Greek, the ἐν τῷ ἀληθινῷ (living and true God), does not refer to a different person than the τὸν ἀληθινόν, specifically, “the real God.” The article with the dative reads like an article of previous reference. “He,” is Jesus, “the only True God.” The Koine-Greek texts proves that the term, “Son of God,” defines Jesus as the “only True God.”
- Jesus claimed to be God by His miracles of healing (John 5:36), predicted by Isaiah 35 as works of God in the person of the Messiah (Isaiah 35:4-6). “For your God is coming to save you. And when he comes, he will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf. The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy!”
- Jesus claimed to be God by asserting that Psalms 110:1, written for the Messiah by David, stating that He will be God, sitting at the “right hand of God,” was written for HIm. See the following comments regarding Psalms 110:
Jesus Confounded The Leaders Of Israel
When the Pharisees gathered before Jesus to question Him, it was with the intent of publicly discrediting Him before all those who were listening. Instead, these men were themselves confounded. The text that the Pharisees used to trap Jesus was a well-known verse from Psalm 110:1a.
In this portion of scripture, The LORD God is saying to the Messiah, “Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies my footstool.” The Pharisees believed that they already knew the answer to this question when they asked Jesus: “What do you think about the Christ (Messiah) Whose Son is He?” The Pharisees believed that the Messiah was the Son of David.
The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ~Psalms 110:1a
Matthew Records This Event In His Gospel
While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?” They said to Him, “The Son of David.” He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying: ‘The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” ’? If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?” ~Matthew 22:41-45
Jesus asked the Pharisees, “If the Messiah is David’s son, then why did David also call Him “Lord?” In other words, how could the Messiah be both a human being (David’s son) and also Lord (God’s Son)?
These men knew and understood that this verse of scripture that Jesus referred to was about the Messiah. Only the Messiah could sit at the right hand of God. Jesus believed these verses from Psalm 110:1 were inspired by God and were true—as did these leaders of Israel. Jesus asked these teachers of the law how Messiah could be both God and a human being?
“If the Messiah is David’s son, how can He also be David’s Lord?”
This is precisely what this prophecy from Psalms 110:1a is predicting.
The Pharisees didn’t have an answer. They were bewildered, but not Jesus. The obvious answer to this question is that the Messiah will be both David’s Lord (God) and His, Son (a future human descendant), a fact that Jesus made repeatedly concerning Himself.
The reality that Jesus is both David’s son and his Lord is confirmed by Jesus’ question which He asks of the Pharisees. For those who say that Jesus never claimed to be God, this is one of many places where He clearly asserts that He is God.
When Jesus asks this question of the religious leadership of Israel, no one was able to answer Him. This is because it was generally accepted by the Jews that Psalms 110:1 was speaking of the Messiah who will also be God. If by David’s words, the Messiah is both a son and Lord, He must also be God and man.
The idea that God could be dwelling within the person of Jesus Christ was a reality that was totally unacceptable to the leaders of Israel. Yet, this is precisely what David was predicting when he penned Psalms 110:1.
Here before the Pharisees, Jesus meticulously demonstrates from the Old Testament that His identity as God and Messiah is precisely what David predicted: A man who is both Messiah and God.
The New Testament Use of “Lord,” In Applying This Term To Jesus
One of the often overlooked, unnoticed, or seldom realized attributes of the original Koine-Greek texts for the New Testament, is the use of the word, “kyrios,” when it is applied to Jesus.
Correctly Translating Psalms 110
It is sometimes difficult to understand, in English, precisely what David is saying in Psalms 110:1.
The Lord (Yahweh יהוה) said to my Lord (Adonai אדני), Sit at My right hand…
Verses 1, David calls the Messiah by the name “Lord,” in Hebrew, “Yahweh-Jehovah-God,” who said to my Lord, “Adonai-Lord God Almighty.”
The terms Adonai is not a title that is less than Yahweh, but speaks of the Messiah’s might as He rules over the world.
In one of the original manuscripts, the text reads: “Jehovah said to my Jehovah.”
Because the ancient scribes so highly revered the name of Jehovah (Yahweh), it is possible that the scribes substituted “Adonai” for Jehovah in 134 Old Testament scriptures, including Psalms 110:1.
The name Jehovah should have been retained in these places because this is the correct meaning of these scriptures. Father, Son, and Spirit are all equally One God, Yahweh.
The name Adonai is Lord-Yahweh-Almighty, which carries the same definition as God. The confusion that has resulted from changing Yahweh to Adonai is that some people mistook this change as meaning that Jesus is not Jehovah, as with the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church. Even if Adonai is used, this does not diminish Jesus as less than God but supports Him as equal to God.
In the New Testament, there are several occurrences where the Greek word for God, Theos, is used. Most often, this word is used only in describing the Father. However, there are several places in the New Testament where Theos is also used to describe Jesus Christ.
In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) , and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (Theos). ~John 1:1
…of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God (Theos). Amen. ~Romans 9:5
But to the Son (Jesus) He says: “Your throne, O God (Theos), is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. ~Hebrews 1:8
In the Old Testament, the term Lord in Hebrew is Yahweh.
In the New Testament, the word Lord in Greek is Kyrios. When it is used in relation to Jesus, it always means Yahweh or Jehovah.
Kyrios is often used as a polite way to address a person, such as when we call a man, sir. It can also mean Master, as in one who rules over a servant or slave. The Greek translation of the Old Testament called “the Septuagint,” was widely used during the time when Jesus was here on earth. The word Kyrios or Lord was understood by those speaking Greek, as Yahweh or Jehovah. The Greek Old Testament translates Kyrios as Lord 6,814 times.
When we arrive at the New Testament, there are also many occasions where Lord (Kyrios) is used to describe Jesus. This is for good reason. The writers of the New Testament were attributing the title of Jehovah-God to Jesus Christ unmistakably.
It was well understood at the writing of the New Testament that Jesus Christ is Yahweh or God Himself. Why the Jehovah’s Witness church has claimed that Jesus Christ is not Jehovah-God is a great mystery. They did not come to this conclusion by the evidence of the Old and New Testament scriptures.
The translators of the New Testament understood that Jehovah-God and Jesus are one and the same person. Further, it is clear that those who knew Jesus understood and believed that He is the eternal Jehovah-God or Yahweh of the Old Testament.
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” ~John 20:28
…looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ… ~Titus 2:13
But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. ~Hebrews 1:8
Psalms 110 is cited 25 times in the New Testament, and always applied to Jesus as both God and Messiah. Paul cites Psalms 110, ten times in the book of Hebrews, always applying this text to Jesus as both God and Messiah.
And God never said to any of the angels, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.” ~Hebrews 1:13 (NLT) 13
In the same context as Psalms 110, Paul also cites Psalms 2:7, and 2 Samuel 7:14, where these texts state that the Son of God that David is describing, is Jesus; God in human flesh.
Hebrews 1:5: For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father” (Psalms 2:7).
God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son” (2 Samuel 7:14).
Paul was a preeminent Hebrew scholar in Israel, a Pharisee, trained by Rabbi Gamaliel. There was not great authority on the Hebrew scriptures at that time, other than Gamaliel. Paul states emphatically that Jesus is Yahweh-God, the fulfillment of all the Old Testament prophecies written for the Messiah.
Paul Writes That It Was Jesus Whom David Was Describing In Psalms 45
But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. ~Hebrews 1:8
It is certain that Paul believed Psalms 45:6 was written by David for the Messiah and, specifically, Jesus Christ. Paul’s quotation of Psalms 45:6, in context with Hebrews 1:8, defines for us accurately who Jesus is:
- The “Son” in Hebrews 1:8 is Jesus Christ.
- In Hebrews 1:8, God says of His Son that He is God.
- Psalms 45:6 was a prophecy written for the Messiah.
- Paul said in Psalms 45:6 that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, promised by the Old Testament.
- Therefore, Jesus is God whom David Describes in Psalms 45:6
Paul is the preeminent Hebrew scholar of the New Testament who received his training in the scriptures from the renowned Rabbi, Gamaliel.
I (Paul) am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers’ law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today. ~Acts 22:3
The term “at the feet of Gamaliel” was a common phrase of that day, referring to a long tradition of those who were carefully trained in the scriptures. Students of the Hebrew scriptures sat on chairs that were close to the ground. They were placed at the feet of their Rabbis who taught them while they sat on higher chairs, signifying their authority in the scriptures.
Rabban, Gamaliel was a Pharisee and expert in the scriptures. During this period of history, these teachers of the scriptures were referred to as “Doctors of the Law.” Today we would say that Gamaliel had a Doctorate in Law. Gamaliel was referred to as the “thirty-fifth receiver of the traditions.” Gamaliel, having received the “Cabala”4 (Kabbalah) that came from Moses at Mount Sinai, is described as dying 18 years before Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D.
It is clear from the instruction that Paul received from Gamaliel, that he was also an expert scholar in the Old Testament scriptures. Paul was perhaps more familiar with the Old Testament prophecies concerning the coming Messiah than any other person who was alive at that time. Paul was convinced that Jesus was the fulfillment of these many Messianic Prophecies, including Psalms 45:6.
When Paul penned the words to Hebrews Chapter 1:8, But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom, he was clarifying that not only was Jesus the Messiah, but He is also the Living God.
We learn from Psalms 45:6 that God intended from the foundation of the world that the Messiah would be God. Paul was certain that Jesus is the person to whom this prophecy was written.
David Writes In Psalms 90 That Messiah Will Be God
David continues this proof text for the identity of Jesus as God, with his writing of Psalm 90:2.
David declares that the Messiah will be the eternal God, who made all things.
Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. ~Psalms 90:2
The Apostle John who lived with Jesus for three and one-half years states that Jesus is the Eternal God Who, created all that exists:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. ~John 1:1-3
Paul writes to the church at Colossae that Jesus is the Creator-God of Genesis chapter 1:
For by Jesus all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. ~Colossians 1:16 (RCR)
Paul writes to the Hebrew Christians at Jerusalem, revealing that Jesus is God’s Son who created all things:
God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds. ~Hebrews 1:1-2
In these examples, we see that both the Old and New Testaments confirm that the Messiah will be God.
The idea that the writers of the New Testament made Jesus God, when He was not, is impeached by the evidence that is presented to us by the Old Testament.
The men who described Jesus as performing works of supernatural origin were describing the exact same works that the Old Testament prophets predicted the Messiah would show the world.
The great mystery of the universe is that God, who spoke the universe into existence, also died on a Roman cross 2,000 years ago for the sins of all people.
Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory. ~1 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)
Why would the One who created all that exists make Himself subject to His creation? It is beyond comprehension that the eternal God, who lives forever, would be willing to die for sinful man. Yet this is precisely what the writers of the four Gospels record, and the prophets of the Old Testament predicted.
The Deity of Jesus Christ is Declared in The Hebrew Scriptures, and by the Writers of the New Testament:
(1) The Old Testament announces and explicitly predicts that the Messiah will be God (2 Samuel 7:14, Psalms 2:7, Psalms 110:1, Daniel 7:13).
(a) The Theophanies of the Old Testament are the preincarnate Jesus appearing as God in the form of a man, and demonstrate His ministry to man (Genesis 16:7-14; 18:2-23, especially v. 17; compare 32:28 with Hosea 12:3-5; Exodus 3:2-14).
(b) The Old Testament expressly declares that the Messiah will also be the Son of God (Psalms 2:2-9), and God (compare Psalms 45:6-7 with Hebrews 1:8-9; Psalms 110:1 with Matthew 22:44; Acts 2:34 and Hebrews 1:13; Psalms 110:4 with Hebrews 5:6; 6:20; 7:17-21; Zechariah 6:13).
(c) His virgin birth was predicted as the way that God would live in the body of a man, calling this “Immanuel, God with us” (compare Isaiah. 7:13-14 with Matthew. 1:22-23, and Genesis 3:15).
(d) The Messiah is expressly invested with the divine names for God (Isaiah 9:6-7).
(e) In the 400 Messianic Prophecies of the Old Testament, the Messiah is often referred to as Yahweh.
(f) The Messiah is often referred to as being eternal, confirmed by John 1:1, Colossians 1, Hebrews 1, Revelation 1 (compare Micah 5:2 with Matthew. 2:6; John. 7:42).
(2) The New Testament writers ascribe divine titles to Christ (John 1:1; 20:28; Acts 20:28; Rom. 1:4; 9:5; 2 Thessalonian 1:12; 1 Timothy 3:16; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20).
(3) The New Testament writers attribute divine perfections and attributes to Christ (Matthew 11:28; 18:20; 28:20; John 1:2; 2:23-25; 3:13; 5:17; 21:17; Hebrews 1:3,11-12 with Hebrews 13:8; Revelation 1:8,17-18; 11:17; 22:13).
(4) The New Testament writers attribute divine works to Christ (John 1:3,10; Colossians 1:16-17; Hebrews 1:3).
(5) New Testament writers teach that supreme worship should be paid to Christ (Acts 7:59-60; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:6; Revelation 1:5-6; 5:12-13).
(6) The holiness and resurrection of Christ confirm His Deity (John 8:46; Rom. 1:4).
The Old Testament states that when the Messiah comes to earth, He will be Yahweh living in the body of a man.
The New Testament records that Jesus claimed to be God in all four of the Gospels.
The writers of the New Testament state clearly that Jesus is God.
 Romans 1:20-21 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
 The more we learn about our universe the more we realize just how unique and special it is. The former idea of the multiverse and unlimited numbers of other universes, as the reason for our universe, is rapidly losing scientific support. First and foremost, we cannot scientifically validate that any other universes actually exist because we cannot see beyond our own universe. There are many theories for how other universes could exist, in the form of mathematical calculations, but none of these have any scientific proof:
- Infinite Universe
- Bubble Universes
- Parallel Universes
- Daughter Universes
- Mathematical Universes
Not one of these other universe theories can be proven by any scientific evidence. They all exist in the theoretical as conjecture and speculation.
Ours is the only universe that we are sure that exists. The more we learn about our universe, the greater the confidence is that ours is the only one. The unique processes which were necessary in order to cause our universe and allow it to develop specifically to support human life on earth, makes it highly unlikely that any other universe could have achieved the same results by a random processes. If we are to believe that an infinite number of other universes exist and one of these has caused our own, then all that we have accomplished by this theory is to make the process infinitely more complex. We must also need an explanation for how all of these other universes began in the first place and were able to produce at least one with the capacity to support human life. The greater the number of universes, the greater the need for an explanation as to how this is was possible. The only conclusion supported by science today is that ours is the only universe in existence and before it began, there was nothing.
[3a] These events of the initial universe happened so quickly that scientists needed a new unit of measurement to be able to understand all of these events happening so fast. This new unit or measurement for how quickly the initial universe expanded, is called Plank Time.
[3b] To give you an idea how short Plank Time is, there are more units of Planck Time in one second, than all of the seconds since the universe began, nearly 14 billion years ago.
There are nearly 31 million seconds in a year. It has been nearly 14 billion years since the universe began. Multiply 31 million 556 thousand, 926, by 14 billion, and you get a time scale that is so small that all human intuition evaporates.
If you look at your watch and measure one second, ask yourself how many Planck Times is that? It is a billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, Plank Times.
When the universe is just a few Plank Times old, an exploding mass of energy is expanding faster than the speed of light. In just a few more Plank Times, the entire universe was determined.
[3c] Davies, Paul. 1983. God and the New Physics. London, J M Dent & Sons.
 Jesus said the following: Luke 24:44-48. “Then Jesus said, “When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. 46 And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. 47 It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’ 48 You are witnesses of all these things.
Jesus said that everything He said and did, was written and predicted by the Old Testament prophets. Jesus also said )verse 47), that the men who saw Jesus do these things, would write a testimony about what they had seen and heard, and send these texts to “all the nations.”
 John 10:30-33 (NLT) (Jesus Speaking) “The Father and I are one.” Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. Jesus said, “At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?” They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”
Mark 14:60-64 Then the high priest stood up before the others and asked Jesus, “Well, aren’t you going to answer these charges? What do you have to say for yourself?” But Jesus was silent and made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” Jesus said, “I AM. And you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Then the high priest tore his clothing to show his horror and said, “Why do we need other witnesses? You have all heard his blasphemy. What is your verdict?” “Guilty!” they all cried. “He deserves to die!”
See the Essay: “I AM”
 Strong’s Concordance of Greek words #2316 and and Englishman’s Concordance of Greek Words.
 Strong’s Hebrew Concordance # 3068
 Strong’s Greek Concordance # 2962
Categories: Agnostics and Skeptics, Archeological Confirmation, Atheists, Atheists uneducated observations, Atheists, Agnostics and Skeptics, Bible, Claims of Interpolation, Common objections by Atheists, Contradictions in the Bible, Defending the Gospel, Empirical Evidence for God, Empirical Evidence for the Resurrection, Errors of the Christian Church, Exegesis and Hermeneutics, Forgiveness of Sin, Historical Validity of the New Testament, How Salvation Occurs, How The NT Writers Remembered, Jesus is God, Messianic Prophecies, New Testament Criticism, New Testament Manuscripts, One Way to Heaven, Origin of the four Gospels, Origin of the Universe, Physical Constants, Pretend Believers, Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus, Psalms 110:1, Reliability of the New Testament, Religion vs. Relationship, Resurrection Proven by Secular Sources, Robert Clifton Robinson, Salvation is a free gift, Salvation through Jesus, Science and the Bible, Scientists Who Believe in God, Secular sources for Jesus, Tacitus as a credible witness, The Existence of God, The failure of religion, The Four Gospels, The Historical Jesus, The Historical Jesus, The Historicity of Jesus, Those who stop believing, We must repent, What happens after death?, What is required for Heaven?, Why God Allows Evil, Why God Permits Evil, Why Jesus had to die
I am a 63 year old female conservative Christian and I have gone back to college majoring in Bible Studies. I currently have 3 study Bibles that I use to do my work. The Tyndale KJV Chronological Life Application Study Bible, the Holman NKJV, and I also have a Crossway ESV Student Study Bible. My current professor at college is a Wesley-Arminian and references the NKJV. Our church pastor ( whose beliefs are a mixture or Arminian and Calvinistic views ) uses the newest God’s Word Translation. My question is which Study Bible would you recommend for me? Any of the above or one of your own that you yourself use, my point being I want to read the best conservative commentaries that come closest to the actual meanings of the verses please. The three I have are far off the mark from each other on some things. I really like your views of the Bible and Scripture.
Thank you for your contact. I am at a Prophecy Conference until Friday. I will write to you when I return.
Congratulations on your desire to know God and His word more fully. This is the greatest achievement that a person can seek to acquire.
The following are a few suggested resources that are from myself and others that I feel are trustworthy:
1. My book: “These Things Were Written: An Expositional Treatise of the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus,” is a 3,220 page resource for every major event of Jesus life and ministry. You can find it here
2. If your interest is in New Testament Apologetics, my book: “New Testament Apologetics,” is a concise treatise on all the primary subjects of knowing the New Testament is a reliable record of Jesus. You can find it here
3. If you are interested in learning and understanding the 400 Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah, and how Jesus fulfilled all of these in the New Testament, my book: “The Prophecies of the Messiah,” will be a great resource for this pursuit. You can find it here
4. If you would like to study free verse by verse commentary by one of the world’s greatest Bible teachers, Pastor Chuck Smith, you can find his free commentary here
5. You can find my free audio Bible studies at this link
I have many more written Bible studies at my website: http://www.robertcliftonrobinson.com they are all free.
May the Lord bless you as you continue to study His word,
i agree with the cosmological logic of this piece – can i draw your attention to this questionnaire which tackles in clear layman’s terms the scientific, statistical (and theological) implications of unguided evolutionary development in a way that i have not seen done – much argumentation against natural evolution is based on “argumentation”. this questionnaire seeks to indicate using simple scientific and statistical logic of the evolutionary process itself that this is a statistical utter impossibility
eg i didnt see anyone tackling how many “iterations” are necessary to take us on the trajectory from LUCY (the “missing link”) to EINSTEIN with his 37 trillion cells EACH-OF-WHICH is slightly different from those of LUCY or how long each iteration should take
i think that in the interest of intellectual honesty and integrity, every self proclaimed athiest (and evolutionary educator) should be required to take this questionnaire and to openly offer his answers
Dear Mr. Robinson,
Thank you for a really good essay!
I have a burning question about scripture and would like clarification:
1 Timothy 2:5-7 King James Version (KJV) 5 For there is one God, and one mediator
between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
John 14:6 (KJV) “Jesus said unto him, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes
unto the Father, but by Me.”
Here is the problem: The Catholics think that they can be mediators and therefore forgive sin.
“Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you…. Receive ye the Holy Ghost.
Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain,
they are retained.” (John 20:21-23). Then again: “Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall
bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth,
shall be loosed also in heaven.” (Matt. 18:18).
There is a host of other scriptures that give the apostles authority to act as Christ. This is why
Catholics have their confession box.
Even the pope is quoted as saying “It is dangerous to have a personal relationship with Christ.
The church is the mediator between laity and God.” This blasphemy is documented on video.
The question is, Are we talking about the same thing? Is being a mediator and the forgiveness
of sin the same thing?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the kind words, as always.
Much of the confusion over the authority of the church is from a misunderstanding of the text in Matthew 16:15-19:
“Then Jesus asked them, “But who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being. Now I say to you that you are Peter (petros, a small stone), and upon this rock (Petra, a gigantic rock) I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.”
Jesus said that Peter’s knowledge of who He is, was given to Him by the Father. Later in Matthew 13:11-12, Jesus states that people who have a sincere desire to know Jesus, He gives them greater revelation of Him and how the kingdom operates. Those who have little or no interest, Jesus hides a revelation of Himself, and the little they have, is taken away.
Jesus calls Peter a small stone, a “petros,” then He said that the revelation that He is the Messiah, the Son of God, is a huge stone, that everything in built upon. The Rock that Jesus church is built upon, is Him, the “Petra,” not Peter, the smaller stone.
If a person does not read these texts in the original Koine-Greek, they miss this subtlety.
The Catholic church has misunderstood what Jesus was saying. The church that Jesus birthed by His death and resurrection, is established by Him, not any man. Only God has the power to forgive sins that we commit, which are all against Him. The issue of our salvation is that our sins have offended our Holy God. The penalty for these sins must be paid. God said that the “soul who sins, will die.” therefore, either we must die for our sins, or a substitute must be found who is able to pay for our sins Himself.
There has never been any human being who is sinless, except Jesus, therefore, only Jesus has the qualifications to die for us, paying the debt for our sins.
Jesus also has the power of “an endless life,” and for this reason, His life as God living in the body of a man, was sufficient in value to pay for the lives of the whole world.
When God forgives us, He does not ignore or forget our sins. He must do what He said, punish sin b the death of the offender, or by the death of His Son. When Jesus died, He was paying the price that was required for all of our sins. It is for these reasons, that Jesus is the only Mediator between us and God.
These things being said, as members of Jesus’ church, we also have to power to forgive people and set them free from the guilt they feel when they offend us. We also have the privilege of interceding for people by prayer and helping them to overcome sin, trials, and doubts.
Jesus is the head of His church, no one else. When we do not diligently study the texts of the Bible, we make errors like the Catholic church has, and many other churches have made. The Bible is the final authority in all matters. Jesus is the head of the church, only He can grant forgiveness to those who sincerely seek it and live the rest of their lives for Him.
Mathew 7;13 Much like the time portholes on t.v. one must be at the exact place and time, in order too return to a particular moment! Likewise entering in at the strait gate is equivalent to Gods timing , in that we must be at the right place at the right time! These things the holy Ghost does for those who are always ready! Being found in the spirit, waiting on the Lord! The gospel is the unchanging message, in a constant changing world!
LikeLiked by 3 people